Former Bosnian Serb Army soldier Bosko Uncanin pleaded not guilty to involvement in the shooting of at least 78 civilians in the Kljuc area during the Bosnian war in 1992.
This article is also available in: Shqip Macedonian Bos/Hrv/Srp
The Bosnian state court. Photo: BIRN.
“I plead not guilty,” Bosko Uncanin told the Bosnian state court in Sarajevo on Monday after confirming that he understands the charge accusing him of committing a crime against humanity.
The indictment alleges that the defendants in the case, all members of the Bosnian Serb Army, participated alongside others in the shooting of at least 78 Bosniak civilians next to a school building in the village of Velagici in the Kljuc municipality on June 1, 1992.
The other defendants are Ilija Krcmar, Svetislav Racic, Zeljko Bajic, Marinko Miljevic, Dragan Despot and two men with the same name, Nikola Cuk.
Judge Vesna Jesenkovic said defendants Miljevic and Despot have already entered their pleas, while the other defendants failed to appear in court to plead.
Five of the defendants are currently in Serbia. Judge Jesenkovic said the summons that were sent to the two suspects called Cuk and to defendant Krcmar had been returned to the court undelivered.
Source link: balkaninsight.com